DIY #1 - Mount a Butterfly.

DO IT YOURSELF NUMBER ONE.

INTRO:
I found this little poor guy in one of my rooms, lying dead on the floor. I didn´t want to throw him away so I searched online for some tipps, how to frame butterflies. I tried. I pretty messed up at the end, because some parts broken off. But if you´re more carefull than I was, it should definetly work.

STEP 1:
Dead Butterfly.


STEP 2:
You need a container, water, tweezers, some sort of plastique plate and the top of a jaw.


STEP 3:
Fill water in your container, where you placed the top of the jaw. Make sure that it doesn´t cover the top of it.


STEP 4:
Place the plastique plaste and the butterfly on top of it.


STEP 5:
Close the container and leave it like this for about 1-2 weeks. It will help to open up the wings later.


STEP 6:
You need some cartons, pins (I only had needles), paper and tape.


STEP 7:
Try to create something like this.


STEP 8:
Release your butterfly and carefully try to open it up with your tweezers. It will take some time, until it´s open and you can turn it around.


STEP 9:
Fix the body of the butterfly.


STEP 10:
Slowly open the wings.


STEP 11:
Pin everything and leave it again for 1-2 weeks.


STEP 12:
Take an old frame. I found mine in a thrift store.


STEP 13:
Choose a background. You can take everything. I used a picture from the news paper.


STEP 14:
Release your butterfly and frame it. I did fix it with some clue. Please make sure that there´s enough space between the back part of the frame and the glass, because mine hadn´t and it broke my butterfly. Next time I know better! ^.^ So good luck with yours.


OUTRO:
Please tag me on INSTAGRAM (#diyskittlesxjunkie), if you also try to mount a butterfly. I would love to see it!



0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen